Monday 28 July 2014

Running

Being in the countryside as opposed to the city when running does have its benefits...

Safe to say, fitness has never been my forte. However this summer The Slut and I decided to take up running and complete the 'Couch to 10K' challenge, as being at home as opposed to uni (with unlimited and FREE FOOD) undoubtedly leads to us piling on the pounds!  Even though we haven't completed as many runs as planned so far due to us being busy with other commitments (and us being super good at persuading each other that MTV is more beneficial), each run has become progressively easier. Previous attempts at running have been pretty disastrous, but the app begins with a series of short runs interspersed with walking; building up gradually as opposed to me deciding to just 'run' round where my uni accommodation was. Doing that, with no real goal or plan, meant I usually gave up after 5 minutes!


Running with another cute companion certainly helps...

Running together definitely has its benefits when you're as lazy as me, as we can push each other not to give up and chatting distracts us when we're tired! We've also got long term goals to push as along - doing charity runs, most notably Race For Life is something I've always wanted to do, but never thought I'd be good at....once we've completed the 10k app let's hope it continues back at uni, meaning that participating will be an extremely achievable goal!


Alice, x

No comments:

Post a Comment