Sunday 15 February 2015

Lipstick Review: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks Glastonberry and Bond Girl

Matte Revolution Lipsticks - Glastonberry and Bond Girl (L-R)

Over the Christmas period I discovered my new favourite lipstick brand; Charlotte Tilbury. I purchased two of her Matte Revolution Lipsticks (Bond Girl and Glastonberry) and have been wearing them both non-stop. I bought these as a Desk-to-Disco duo but sadly they don't seem to be offering this promotion anymore.

Bond Girl is a classy pink-toned nude that I have reached for pretty much every time I've been in the mood to wear lipsticks. Previously, I only really wore lipstick on special occasions but now I've been wearing Bond Girl during the day when I'm going to a lecture or a shopping trip and on nights out with my friends. I find that this lipstick really compliments my skin-tone and lip colour and I know Alice is looking to invest in one after borrowing mine!

Glastonberry is a deep berry coloured lipstick that I love to wear on a night out or a more special occasion. The name of this lipstick brings a smile to my face every time I put it on and I find that this tone of berry really suits my skin-tone. I mainly use this for nights out as I'm not particularly bold when it comes to lipstick during the day but hopefully I will pluck up the courage to wear this one casually soon as I think it could look really good!

The pigment on these lipsticks is absolutely amazing. I really like that both shades are buildable; you can dab a bit on to add a little bit of colour to your lips or you can create a more dramatic look by adding more. They give a matte finish without drying your lips out immediately which I love in a lipstick. I find that as they are so matte, I don't like to apply a lipstick lock with them and so I do find that I need to reapply after a few hours.

I also love the way these lipsticks apply. They have a creamy consistency upon application which means that it is super easy to apply and to rub off any mistakes you might make. The lipsticks have an innovative square-angled tip which make them virtually fool proof. Prior to purchasing these lipsticks, I always applied lipstick with a lip brush but now I feel confident enough to apply it straight to my lips which I never thought I'd do so thanks to Charlotte Tilbury for making me feel like a make up pro!

The packaging of these lipsticks is just downright amazing! I am personally a massive fan of anything rose gold and so when I saw these lipsticks from afar, I instantly fell in love. Even when you get up close, the attention to detail is clearly evident and I love the monogrammed 'CT' on the lid along with the ridged body.

I've already been browsing online and at the counter in Selfridges to see which one I will buy next so I would love to hear any recommendations you might have!

Charlotte, x

No comments:

Post a Comment